Physical Science Exam Revision
Revise and practise to write with confidence.
How it works
Master Science provides a specially developed set of revision lessons with exam-style practice questions.
Learners attend exam paper sessions with sets of past exam papers and practice papers.
The Physical Science revision lessons take about 40 hours.
Best suited for currently enrolled learners – that is why it is good to enrol earlier in the year or in lower grades.
Master Science has been offering Grade 12 revision programmes for almost 10 years. We have proven that the last push makes a big difference in the final marks.
Who will benefit?
- Learners in 12.
- Most of our Grade 12 learners who are already enrolled for extra lessons can benefit from this revision course. At some Master Science centres all Grade 12 learners will enrol for Physical Science Exam Revision.
- Learners who are concerned with exam time management, and those prone to exam anxiety.
Why it works
Revision is focused, and learners receive guidance and support on how to answer typical exam questions.
Revision lessons can be individualised for a learner’s specific needs.
Taking the lessons provides valuable feedback on what knowledge and skills are lacking, and which topics need more intensive practice before the exams. Each revision session indicates which teaching lessons will provide the recommended further tuition and practice.
When to enrol
- At the middle or end of the academic year before school exam time.
- Ask about Physical Science Exam Revision when you enrol for Physical Science tuition.
- Maths teachers who want to start their own business.
- Previous Master Maths centre managers or tutors who have gained significant experience working in a centre.
- You’ll need at least the following minimum qualifications:
- BSc (Maths related field), BEng, or similar tertiary qualification that had a large Mathematics component.
- Tertiary teaching qualification, specialising in Maths.
- Tertiary teaching qualification, with very good Maths and/or Physical Science marks at school.
- The ability to effectively tutor up to Grade 12 Maths level from day 1.
- Even those interested in buying an existing franchise would probably need to be able to tutor up to Grade 12. For example, if you own a centre and have only one staff member who is responsible for tutoring, consider what would happen if that person decided to move on. You would need to take over 100% of the tutoring immediately. Only if you purchase a very large centre with multiple staff members would we consider someone who is not able to tutor up to Grade 12 level.
- If you start a centre from scratch, you would typically be responsible for everything - tutoring as well as admin, with no additional staff members to help you. A new business will not generate the income to sustain multiple staff salaries until it has been operational for a while.
- Master Maths is a service industry. To be successful, it therefore requires the utmost dedication to clients. As a franchisee, you need to be a people person and very service orientated.
- Most of our franchisees are women. We are very proud of the fact that we can assist these women through franchising to become business leaders in their communities.
- Find an area that is still available or one that you would want to purchase.
- Applying for an area that is still available
- Find an area that is available by checking the available areas list. You can suggest an area that is not on the list, but first use the “Find a Centre” function to make sure there is not already a franchisee in the area you’re suggesting. If the name of the centre is the name of the suburb or town, it usually indicates that the area is no longer available.
- For information about what to include in your application, please click here: Download the franchise application documentation Link to franchise info download
- Applying for an area that is still available
- Purchasing an existing franchises business
- Check the list of franchise areas for sale. Use the “Find a Centre” function to find the centre and contact the franchisee directly. If you are interested in purchasing a centre that is not on the list, you can also contact a franchisee to find out if they are interested in selling their business.
- The current franchisee must inform the franchisor that they are interested in selling their business.
- Request the financial and other information from the existing centre and evaluate the business.
We can then answer your questions and confirm that the area you are interested in is available (if you are not purchasing an existing business). You can contact us by filling in this form.
Contact a few franchisees and visit a centre or two to understand what it entails to operate a Master Maths centre.
Please upload the following:
- Your full CV and the full CV of all prospective franchisees partnering with you.
- Your business plan, including all prerequisites stipulated in the documentation you downloaded. To speed up the process, please ensure you’re including all the information.
- If you are purchasing an existing franchise, please include the purchase contract. The existing franchisee can request a purchase contract example from us by email.
Master Maths was established in 1976 and we have helped two generations of learners succeed with Maths. In 2011 we added Physical Science lessons to our service offering.