Online Physical Science Lessons
How it works
A supplement or add-on for current lessons.
Learners have access to the interactive Master Science lessons at home.
The tutor can assign specific lessons for each learner to complete at home, and the learner can then focus on other aspects while at the centre.
Who will benefit?
- Online Science lessons are only offered to Grade 9 to 12 learners who are already enrolled and who are receiving any of the other services listed. The online lessons are not for every Master Science learner; they are only offered to a learner if the tutor deems it appropriate for that specific learner to take online lessons.
- Master Science is not an online programme; it’s the individual tuition and personal attention from tutors that make the difference. It is in the centre that the magic happens.
- It’s not for everyone; it is very difficult to get a learner who is struggling with Physical Science already, and who is demotivated by the subject, to work on their own, online at home. The learner’s confidence needs to be built up again through tutor encouragement and appropriate work.
- The mere fact that learners have to go into the centre forces them to push through the difficult part for the breakthrough moments.
- Maths teachers who want to start their own business.
- Previous Master Maths centre managers or tutors who have gained significant experience working in a centre.
- You’ll need at least the following minimum qualifications:
- BSc (Maths related field), BEng, or similar tertiary qualification that had a large Mathematics component.
- Tertiary teaching qualification, specialising in Maths.
- Tertiary teaching qualification, with very good Maths and/or Physical Science marks at school.
- The ability to effectively tutor up to Grade 12 Maths level from day 1.
- Even those interested in buying an existing franchise would probably need to be able to tutor up to Grade 12. For example, if you own a centre and have only one staff member who is responsible for tutoring, consider what would happen if that person decided to move on. You would need to take over 100% of the tutoring immediately. Only if you purchase a very large centre with multiple staff members would we consider someone who is not able to tutor up to Grade 12 level.
- If you start a centre from scratch, you would typically be responsible for everything - tutoring as well as admin, with no additional staff members to help you. A new business will not generate the income to sustain multiple staff salaries until it has been operational for a while.
- Master Maths is a service industry. To be successful, it therefore requires the utmost dedication to clients. As a franchisee, you need to be a people person and very service orientated.
- Most of our franchisees are women. We are very proud of the fact that we can assist these women through franchising to become business leaders in their communities.
- Find an area that is still available or one that you would want to purchase.
- Applying for an area that is still available
- Find an area that is available by checking the available areas list. You can suggest an area that is not on the list, but first use the “Find a Centre” function to make sure there is not already a franchisee in the area you’re suggesting. If the name of the centre is the name of the suburb or town, it usually indicates that the area is no longer available.
- For information about what to include in your application, please click here: Download the franchise application documentation Link to franchise info download
- Applying for an area that is still available
- Purchasing an existing franchises business
- Check the list of franchise areas for sale. Use the “Find a Centre” function to find the centre and contact the franchisee directly. If you are interested in purchasing a centre that is not on the list, you can also contact a franchisee to find out if they are interested in selling their business.
- The current franchisee must inform the franchisor that they are interested in selling their business.
- Request the financial and other information from the existing centre and evaluate the business.
We can then answer your questions and confirm that the area you are interested in is available (if you are not purchasing an existing business). You can contact us by filling in this form.
Contact a few franchisees and visit a centre or two to understand what it entails to operate a Master Maths centre.
Please upload the following:
- Your full CV and the full CV of all prospective franchisees partnering with you.
- Your business plan, including all prerequisites stipulated in the documentation you downloaded. To speed up the process, please ensure you’re including all the information.
- If you are purchasing an existing franchise, please include the purchase contract. The existing franchisee can request a purchase contract example from us by email.
Master Maths was established in 1976 and we have helped two generations of learners succeed with Maths. We have been offering Physical Science lessons since 2011 as part of our service offering.